1. Lakshmi Mittal retained his crown as Britain’s richest man despite losing almost a quarter of his wealth over the past year following a fall in the share value of his ArcelorMittal.
2. Saudi Arabia may lift ban on women sports clubs.
3. A new variety of mango named after the UP’s youngest chief minister Akhilesh Yadav “Akhilesh Aam”.
4. One of Australia’s richest men, Clive Palmer, unveiled plans for an “unsinkable” version of the Titanic II, to be built in China (Chinese company CSC Jinling Shipyard), with its first voyage from England to New York set for 2016.
5. ican journalist Manu Raju was among the White House Correspondents journalism award winners for 2012 honoured at the association’s traditional annual dinner with President Barack Obama. He was named the winner of the Merriman Smith Award for Excellence in Presidential Coverage under pressure in the print category.
6. TCS chief, N Chandrasekaran, took over as Nasscom Chairman for 2012-2013, the software industry body.
7. ’India Investrade 2012: An exposition and Buyer Seller Meet on Realty Construction & Construction Materials’ held at the BMICH in Colombo from 26-28 April, 2012.