1. India’s Olympic prospect Deepika Kumari won her first World Cup individual recurve gold medal in archery on Saturday at Antalya.
2. German sportswear maker Adidas, plans to shut down one-third of its 900 Reebok stores in India as a part of an aggressive restructuring strategy for the brand in the country.
3. The new BJP government in Goa, has announced that football will be the official sport in the state.
4. Former Karnataka footballer D H Babu, one of the earliest players from the State to make a mark in Kolkata, died in Bangalore.
5. Pakistan’s former captain Mohammad Yousuf is in trouble as he is being investigated by the Bangladesh intelligence agencies for allegedly submitting a fake clearance letter to play in the Dhaka league.
6. Chelsea won the FA Cup (The Football Association Challenge Cup), for the fourth time in six years on Saturday, beating Liverpool 2-1 in the final .