1. Chris Gayle has set a record in IPL T20 by hitting 100 sixes. Chris Gayle reached this milestone by hitting a six in the match against Deccan Chargers.
2. Airtel, the leading telecom operator in the company has launched 4G services in Bangalore.Chief Minister of Karnataka state Mr. DV Sadananda Gowda launched 4G services in Bangalore. Earlier Airtel was the first telecom company to launch 4G services at Kolkata, India. Airtel had bagged BWA spectrum in four Telecom circles Kolkata,Bangalore,Maharashtra and Punjab.
3. Idea Cellular, is the biggest gainer of mobile number portability(MPN) service in India.
4. Chacha Chaudhary in Sabu new comic series (Diamond Daredevils), is a comic series, featuring members of Delhi Daredevils players like Virender Sehwag, Irfan Pathan and Kevin Pietersen.
5. Nepal’s Premier Baburam Bhattarai has formed a new national unity government in Nepal. The Premier formed the government as per a deal reached among the major political parties, to expedite the peace process and to draft the new Constitution within the May 27 deadline.
6. Internet revolution has bypassed rural India with less than half a per cent of families having the facility at home as against 6 per cent in cities. Maharashtra was on top with the 104 out of 1,000 families had Internet in cities, followed by Kerala and Himachal Pradesh at 95 each and Haryana at 81.5.
7. Government has ordered the compulsory auditing of MNREGA by Charter Accountants appointed by CAG, with physical verification of atleast 10-15 per cent of work orders.