1. Aditya Mehta stunned fancied compatriot Pankaj Advani to become only the third Indian ever to clinch the Asian Snooker Championships.
2. Chennai Super Kings’ Suresh Raina became the first-ever batsman to cross 2000 runs in the Indian Premier League.
3. Rafael Nadal became the first player in the open era to win two tournaments seven times when he fought off tenacious Spanish compatriot David Ferrer 7-6, 7-5 to win a thrilling Barcelona Open final. Other title he won is Monte carlo Masters.(8 times)
4. Australia has pushed India to fourth place in the ICC Test championship table after winning the three-match series against the West Indies 2-0.
5. Douhou Sey, got Pune FC Player of The Year 2011-12.
6. South Korean Wan Ho Shon defeated World No.1 and top seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia to lift the men’s singles title at the India Open badminton. Li Xuerui won women title.
Women’s singles: 2-Li Xuerui (CHN) bt Juliane Schenk (GER)
Women’s doubles: 6-Ha Na Kim/Kyung Eun Jung (KOR) bt Qianxin Zhong/Yixin Bao (CHN)
Men’s singles: Wan Ho Shon (KOR) bt 1-Lee Chong Wei (MAS)
Men’s doubles: Bodin Issara/Maneepong Jongjit (THA) bt 2-Sung Hyun Ko/Yeon Seong Yoo (KOR)
Mixed doubles: Tontowi Ahmad/Liliana Natsir (INA) bt Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam(IANS)