1. The much-awaited ‘bhumi-pujan’ for world’s largest Hindu temple was done in Bihar’s Vaishali district, it would be recreation of the world-famous Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia.
2. Bangalore Division, in collaboration with RailTel and Telibrahma, has launched BluFi services in the City Railway station. A combination of Bluetooth and WiFi for passengers.
3. Tokyo Sky Tree is the name of World’s tallest freestanding broadcast tower with height of 643m (2080ft).
4. The world’s oldest post office in Britain is celebrating its 300th anniversary this year.The post office in Sanquhar opened its doors in 1712, five years after the unification of Scotland and England.
5. Indian American filmmaker Manan Singh Katohora has won the “2012 Rising Star Award” for his feature film “9 Eleven” at the Canada International Film Festival.
6. Charlie Chaplin’s grand-daughter Kiera Chaplin, noted model turned actor, is all set to make debut in India made English movie ‘Chaurahen‘ (meaning crossroad).
Business Current Affairs
1. Shutterfly Inc. inked an agreement with Eastman Kodak Company to purchase certain assets of its Kodak Gallery online photo services business for $23.8 million.
2. Global law firm Baker & McKenzie is eager to open an office in India once the rules permit it to do so. The firm has been associated with the country for about 50 years and has been advising Indian companies on their global operations and investments.