1. Nokia will close down Nokia Money, a financial service it runs in India, as it continues to narrow its focus on phone business and location-based services.
2. Italian GDP shrank by -0.7% in the fourth quarter of 2011, following a dip of -0.2% in the third quarter, marking the 3rd biggest economy of eurozone’s official entry into a recession.
3. India-born Anshu Jain will take over the reins of Deutsche Bank from CEO Josef Ackermann at the end of May,with this it is likely that his compatriot Ashok T Aram may also join the top leadership of Germany’s largest bank.
4. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavanon announced that Kolhapur in southern Maharashtra will be designated the first alternative centre for film shooting in the state while inaugurating FICCI FRAMES 2012, Asia’s largest global convention on film media and entertainment.
5. Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India, jointly with FICCI is organizing the 3rd edition of India Aviation 2012 from 14 -18 March, 2012 at Hyderabad, India.