1. Gujarat will soon get its first commercial dairy, for processing of camel milk into various products, in Kutch district following necessary provisions made by the state government in the 2012-13 budget, a proposal of Kutch District Cooperative Milk Union or the Sarhad Dairy.
2. Govind Singh Kunjwal elected as Speaker of the Uttarkhand Assembly after defeating Harbans Kapoor by 8 votes.
3. nsdcindia.org/udaan, the website launched to facilitate job prospects for Jammu and Kashmir youths.
Economic Current Affairs
4. Fixed deposits and Opening a bank locker would not require signature attestation instead only thumb impression as per RBI.
5. GAAR (General Anti-Avoidance Rules), the new tax norms which will come into effect from April 1st 2012.
6. PPF interset rates hiked to 8.8% from 8.6% alongwith NSC interest rates hiked to 8.9% from 8.7% applicable from 1st April 2012.