1. The expert group for modernisation of Indian Railways presented its Report to Minister of Railways suggesting a total funding of Rs 822,671 crore in the next five years, which was constituted by the Ministry of Railways under the chairmanship of Sam Pitroda, advisor to the Prime Minister.
2. Representatives of Non –EU Members of International Civil Aviation Organisation Meet in Moscow. Joint Declaration Urge EU to Work Constructively on a Multilateral Approach to Address International Civil Aviation Emissions.
3. The first ever Indian Parliamentary Delegation headed by the Speaker of Lok Sabha Meira Kumar to visit Pakistan under bilateral exchange of Parliamentary Delegations between India and Pakistan.
4. UN first called on India to close the Andaman Trunk Road (ATR), Survival Internationa a British Rights activists, is urging the organization to bring an end to human safaris.
5. MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange) is first ever exchange to launch its IPO (Initial Public Offering) which is oversubscribed by 54 times. The IPO opened on 22-24 February.
6. Zurich in Switzerland replaced Tokyo as the world’s costliest city, world cost of living survey by Economic Intelligence Unit.
7. World Bank to give Rs 1250 Cr for some irrigation projects to West Bengal.
8. Shamin Ahmed Khan, eminent Sitar maestro passed away.
9. Robert Zoellick to step down as World Bank President, his term of 5 years in completing June 2012 and this raised the speculations of Mr Hillary Clinton to take the position.
10. Sachin Tendulkar the little master of Indian cricket team honoured with lifetime membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground.