1. In China, Apple Inc lost its copyright battle to Chinese company Proview, which asks Chinese Government to disallow the shipments of iPads in China.
2. Shefali Razdan Duggal, a top Indian-American fundraiser at President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, has been conferred with the “Most Powerful and Influential Women of California” award.
3. German President Christian Wulff quit after two months of allegations that he received favours such as a favourable loan and hotel stays from friends when he was governor of Lower Saxony state.
4. The Indian Formula 1 team Sahara Force India has announced that Aethra, a leading auto parts manufacturer based in Brazil, has joined the team as an official partner for the 2012 season.
5. The country will have a fourth rail coach factory, the first to be built on a public-private partnership (PPP) model, in a little over three years from now. To be located in Palakkad, Kerala, it would use Japanese technology for the first time in India to roll out lighter coaches, consuming less fuel.
6. Tata Motors launched its Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV) Tata Sumo Gold with a new engine CR4 Turbo engine.