1. State-run IDBI Bank will launch the country’s first infrastructure debt fund (IDF) to raise $5 billion for building roads, ports and airports. They were proposed two years ago by a panel led by HDFC chairman Deepak Parekh.
2. Telecom major Vodafone has appointed Max India founder Analjit Singh as the non-executive Chairman of its India operations.
3. Flipkart.com has bought out electronics retailer Letsbuy.com for an estimated $25 million.
4. Amar Lal Daultani took over charge as executive director of public sector Corporation Bank on February 3. Ealier, he had been functioning as the general manager of Chennai regional office of the bank, which oversees Corporation Bank’s business development in south Indian states.
5. India has become the 32nd signatory for the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters, the Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
6. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is to put plastic currency notes of Rs 10 denomination under test for effects of different climatic conditions in market.
7. Banks are responsible for any fake notes dispensed by their automatic teller machines (ATMs) and should compensate customers for the loss.
8. The Pulsar 200NS is best middle-class sports bike unveiled by Bajaj Auto. It will be commercially launched beginning next fiscal through 600 dealers across the country. The price is expected to be below Rs 1 lakh.
9. Rs.7,900 crore and Rs.1,285 crore of capital has been approved to be infused in SBI and PNB, respectively.
10. Global coffee chain Starbucks will soon be making its way to India with Tata Global Beverages formally announcing a joint venture pact with the US-based company.