1. India opened its new Consulate in Atlanta, the fifth in the US which the Georgia Governor Nathan Deal has termed as “crowing symbol” of dynamic business and cultural connections with the Asian giant.
2. Croatia has voted in favour of joining the European Union in 2013, in a crucial referendum for the future of the Balkan country.
3. A film on Jamaican reggae star Bob Marley will be presented at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in February in an attempt to showcase for the first time the life and legacy of the iconic musician.
4. British Energy Secretary Chris Huhne resigned after being told he will face criminal charges over allegations he dodged a speeding penalty, but vowed to prove his innocence.
5. Sohan Roy’s ‘DAM 999’ has given hope to Indians at the Oscar this year, but the film was failed to secure a place in the list of final nomination of 84th Academy Awards.
6. Facebook Inc. filed papers for an initial public offering (IPO) worth $5 billion, which would make it the largest Internet-stock debut of all time.
7. Teenage fast bowler Mohammad Aamer, one of three Pakistan cricketers jailed in England for spot-fixing, was because of good behaviour after serving half of his six-month sentence. The 19-year-old Aamer was freed from a young offenders’ institution in Weymouth, southwest England.