1. Principal Secretary Pullock Chatterjee, is to head a committee formed to chalk out plans on coal and gas shortage, cheap imported coal, hike in power tariffs and unleashing second generation of power reforms.
2. Itz Cash Card (Trust Card) has been launched by BSNL aimed to facilitate making utility bill payments like electricity and telephone bills.
3. The government proposes to create its own application store to assist delivery of various public services through mobile phones.
4. Mahindra Satyam, a leading global consulting and IT services provider, will participate in the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting in Davos, scheduled Jan 25-27.
5. India’s first startup incubator formed through a public-private partnership, the ‘Startup Village‘, will be set up at Kinfra Park in Kalamassery near Kochi.