1. Manoj Jha, MD of Hindustan Motors, has stepped down even as the company turned in a dismal third quarter results with a loss of Rs.42.90 crore against a profit of Rs.15.80 crore in the same period in 2010.
2. French company Dassault Rafale bagged India’s biggest-ever contract for supplying 126 combat aircraft for the air force, edging out European competitor EADS in the multi-billion dollar deal.
3. Popular singer Usha Uthup was made the BIG Woman Entertainer of the year in recognition of her ‘Special Contribution to Bengali music‘ at a ceremony in Kolkata.
4. Samsung launched of its first ever dual-SIM smartphones in the Indian market, Galaxy Ace Duos (SCH-i589), Galaxy Y Pro Duos (GT B5512) and Galaxy Y Duos (GT-S6102).
5. Renowned Punjabi comedian, Jaswinder Bhalla, is very happy at the honour being bestowed on him in the form of Gopal Sehgal Award, which would be given to him at the Punjabi film festival to be held in Amritsar.
6. Former Australian Cricket all-rounder Andrew Symonds retired from all forms of cricket including DLF IPL in India.
7. Times Internet Limited (TIL) launched India’s first tablet magazine, Tweek. The magazine, which has been developed in partnership with GENWI, a cloud-based publishing company, can be accessed through iPad and is expected to be launched for the iPhone and Android devices soon.
8. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari met in Islamabad for a two-day visit to attend the Pakistan-Iran-Afghanistan summit aimed at enhancing cooperation for peace and security in the region.