1. The Indonesian parliament ratified a Nuclear Test treaty, which will ban all nuclear explosions in all environments and for all purposes, making it the 156th country to do so.
2. Former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, presented the Justice P.N. Bhagwati Award to O.P. Jindal Global University chancellor, Naveen Jindal for his outstanding contribution to legal education and corporate philanthropy.
3. The National Common Mobility Card,named as “More” will soon allow seamless and convenient public travel across different modes of transport, including trains and buses, was launched.
4. President Pratibha Devisingh Patil led the nation in paying homage to Bharat Ratna Baba Saheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on his 56th Mahaparinirvan Diwas (Death Anniversary of Baba saheb).
5. Akali sarpanch, Balwinder Singh alias Toti, sarpanch of Daula, was arrested from Bharu village and a case registered against him under Sections 323 (Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) and 341 (wrongful restraint) of the Indian Penal Code, for slapping woman teacher, Varinder Kaur, during a recent sangat darshan programme of Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
6. The Government is considering imposing a ban on ‘made snana’, the controversial ritual being practised at the Kukke Subrahmanya temple in Dakshina Kannada district.
7. Gujarat Chief Minister, Narendra Modi, has surpassed other politicians to emerge as the most popular politician on social media sites.
8. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is set to open an office in Kathmandu, Nepal, to boost economic ties between the 2 countries.
9. Singer Lionel Richie will be honoured with a humanitarian award by the Harvard Universityfor helping quake-hit Haiti. The singer will be honoured with the Peter J. Gomes Humanitarian Award for co-writing 1985 charity single “We Are the World”.
10. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), are treating the popular song Why This Kolavery DI..??, from an upcoming Tamil film ’3′ as a classic example of viral marketing.