1. Kalyanmoy Deb, Professor of Mechanical Engineering at IIT-Kanpur, won the prize for Engineering and Computer Sciences.
2. For Life Sciences was awarded to Imran Siddiqi, Scientist at the Centre for Cellular Biology, Hyderabad, for “breakthrough contributions to the understanding of clonal seed formation in plants.
3. Kannan Soundararajan, Director of the Mathematical Research Centre at Stanford University, won the prize for Mathematical Sciences.
4. Sriram Ramaswamy, Professor of Physics at the Centre for Condensed Matter Theory, Indian Institute of Science.
5. Raghuram G. Rajan, Professor at the University of Chicago, won one of the two prizes awarded for the Social Sciences::Pratap Bhanu Mehta, president and Chief Executive, Centre for Policy research, New Delhi, won the other prize awarded for the Social Sciences