1. Retail chain Big Bazaar unveiled a new logo with a new tag line, ‘Naye India Ka Bazaar’, on completion of 10 years of serving its customers.
2. Private sector lender Federal Bank has signed an agreement with state-run Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) for paying maturity proceeds of LIC policies.
3. Mafatlal Fabrics Ltd, a flagship company of the Arvind Mafatlal Group, has tied up with school uniform shirting marketing company Zee Fabrics INC, for stocking and distribution of its uniform shirting across India.
4. The environment and commuter friendly metro rail will soon run in Indian cities having a population of more than 2 million with the government approving the ambitious project, Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath announced.
5. Patni’s former CEO Jeya Kumar has joined New York-based IT outsourcing solutions provider IPsoft as its CEO for the Asia-Pacific region. Kumar, who quit Patni in May after it was acquired by iGATE, will expand IPsoft’s business in several new countries across the Asia Pacific.
6. Aditi Technologies, a software product and application development services provider, has acquired Seattle-based cloud-computing startup, Cumulux. Cumulux, provides cloud computing services to customers such as US automaker Ford Motor, power generation equipment maker General Electric and Unicef, the United Nations Children’s Fund.
7. Indian companies are expected to continue investing in IT infrastructure despite global economic challenges and the country’s IT spending is projected to grow 9.1 per cent to $79.8 billion in 2012, says a research firm “Gartner”.
8. The bilateral trade between India and Vietnam has jumped more than 200 per cent in the last four years to stand around 2.8 billion dollar in 2010. According to areport named as “India Calling, India-Vietnam Business Partnership Summit” by KPMG-IMC.
9. State run lender Punjab National Bank (PNB), announced that it has bagged the Most Socially Responsive Bank Awards, 2011. The award, conferred by Businessworld-PricewaterhouseCoopers.
10. BSE Institute Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Ltd, has launched Post Graduate Diploma in Stock Markets (Distance Education) in collaboration with Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).