1. Victim of police action on Ramdev protest at Ramlila Ground stir, Rajbala dies, The patient died of cardiac arrest. She had suffered fracture and dislocation of cervical C4 and C5 vertibrae and suffered cardiac arrest.
2. Congress Stand unclear on Afzal Guru’s clemency:: Two days before an assembly debate on clemency for parliament attack death row convict Afzal Guru, Congress general secretaryRahul Gandhi kept mum on his party’s stand on which way will it vote.
3. Chidambaram meets Sonia, offers to resign:: Home minister Palaniappan Chidambaram offered to resign on Monday, on grounds that he failed to stop a multi-billion dollar scam over telecoms contracts.
4. The Army headquarters wants to conduct a formal inquiry against the Director General of Assam Rifles, Lt Gen Rameshwar Roy, after evidence emerged that he spent regimental funds of the paramilitary force on his wife’s clothing, hair dressing, gifts etc.
5. Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat’s fate depends on the independent commission probing illegal mining in the state, with Congress reluctant to act on the basis of the state’s Public Accounts Committee’s (Headed by Manohar Parrikar) report which has an eerie similarity to the goings on at the Centre.
6. Noble laureate of Kenya Dies :: Kenya’s Wangari Maathai, who won the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize for her environmental work, has died of cancer.
7. PAK-US Heating Relations:: Pakistan’s allpowerful army chief Ashfaq Pervez Kayani on Monday cancelled his visit to Britain amid escalating tensions with the US over the ISI’s links with Afghan insurgent Haqqani network blamed for the last week’s attack on Kabul’s American embassy.
8.DGH pulls up RIL:: The Directorate General of Hydrocarbons(DGH) has served a notice on the company for not finishing the work in an acreage for extracting gas trapped in layers of coal (CBM or coal bed methane). The acreage is identified as Block SH (N)-CBM-2003/II in the Sonhat area straddling Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
9. Mumbai Indians beat T&T in a last ball thriller.
10. SC rejects Lalit Modi’s challenge to BCCI:: The Supreme Court on Monday dismissed former IPL boss Lalit Modi’s petitions challenging the cricket board’s disciplinary committee and fairness of its members inquiring into allegations that he received multi-million dollar kickbacks in assigning telecast rights for the T20 tournament.
11. Time’s pick of Top 25 Sports films:: Indian homegrown Oscar nominee Lagaan (2001), directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, figures at number 14.