1. Out of the seven Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) which have applied for the coveted Maharatna tag, five companies ONGC , NTPC , IOC , SAIL and CIL were accorded the status, BHEL and GAIL are the other two PSUs which have applied for the status.
2. India and Bangladesh signed joined border map in Dhaka, to resolve the long border discord.
3. INS Karuva:: Indian Navy today commissioned highly maneuverable Water Jet fast attack warship INS Karuva at the Eastern Naval Command here with an objective to thwart asymmetric threats emanating from the sea. Commander-in-Chief, Strategic Forces Command Air Marshal K J Mathews, commissioned the Warship.
4. Anna Hazare:: originally from village Ralegan Shindi, Ends 288 Hours (on 12th day) long fast as Parliament adopts resolution backing his demand, two little dalit girls, Simran and Ikrah offered him a glass of coconut water.
5. IRCON-Sri Lanka Pact:: An agreement for supply and installation of an $86.5-million signalling and telecommunication system for railway network in Northern Province of Sri Lanka was signed between IRCON and Sri Lanka Railways.
6. Best Rural e-Governance Award::Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Limited (REIL) in a function held at New Delhi. REIL has been given the award for its product Automatic Milk Collection System with Society Accounting and Management Software.
7. Land Resources:: Save for the future: this is the theme for 19th National Children Science Congress, to be held at Jaipur, Rajasthan in Dec, 2011.
8. The Asian Super Model 2011 pageant to be held at Nanning, China.
9. Daegu (South Korea):: The 13th World Championship in Athletics by IAAF (International Association of Athletics Federation). held in Daegu (South Korea).