1. 9KM rail tunnel in J&K::Construction for Rs 2519 Cr, Chenani-Nashri Tunnel on Jammu-Srinagar national Highway, started.
2. Tamil Nadu with Urban Population of 48.45%, is most urbanized state of India, followed by Kerala and Maharashtra.
3. AP is top Tourist Destination, thanks to Tirupati temple.
4. Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA)::A semi-autonomous administrative body for the Darjeeling hills in West Bengal. The GTA will replace the Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council 1988 and administered the Darjeeling hills for 23 years. GTA has three hill subdivisions Darjeeling, Kalimpong, and Kurseong and some areas of Siliguri subdivision under its authority.
5. SAARC nations Home Ministers meeting held on July at Thimpu, Bhutan.
6. Meeting of Speakers of Parliaments of SAARC nations held in New Delhi.
7. NM-5, a civil aircraft made outside the public sector, made jointly by Mahindera Aerospace and National Aerospace Laboratory, costing Rs. 1.8Cr.
8. NICRA:: The National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA) project was launched at Vadavathur village, Erumapatti block, Namakkal district in Tamil Nadu, recently.
9. NHEC:: The government is planning a National Health Entitlement Card (NHEC) for every citizen that will guarantee access to a package of essential primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare fully funded by the Center.
10. Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 :: The Much awaited Food Safety & Standards Act 2006, Rules 2011 and Regulations 2011, laid down by FSSAI (Food safety and Standrad Authority of India), is to be implemented from 5th August 2011, all over the country by repealing the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act 1954 and other Food Laws / orders.