1. International Leather Show 2011:: India will host ILS 2011, Riva Schuh at New Delhi.
2. Army Chief general Vijay Kumar Singh will retire next Year, his date of birth is considered to Be May 10, 1950 only, otherwise he wanted to retire on 2013.
3. India Joins Marine Pollution pact with 53 other nations, which set limits for Sulphor Oxide and Nitorus Oxide in Ship emissions.
4. India stands in worlds top 5 solar power generating Nations, says F.Abdullah in Abu Dhabi.
5. Second Army Officer Training Academy to be commissioned at Gaya, Bihar.The other OTA is at Chennai.
6. National Academy Depository will facilitate online verification of academic awards of universities and Boards, to eliminate any forgery with documents. CBSE launched this pilot project and provided some data to begin with.
7. Private Schools must admit 25% poor Students, under Right to education initiative.
8. Union cabinet also approved the 50% reservation for Women in Panchayats.
9. M-Ticket:: Indian Railways will now provide e-ticket to mobiles via SMS, it will be a display ticket on mobile.
10. New Driving License System:: All licenses will be mandatory to be renewed to the name Indian Union Driving License, a centralized data base to dilute forgery.
11. Benami Transaction Bill 2011:: will be replacing existing Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act 1988.
12. Brand Ambassador against Mal-Nutrition in children by Ministry of Women and Child development:: Amir Khan.
13. Mission Mode Programme for Reduction of Pendency of Arrears:: A Programme for reducing court cases in India.
14. National Land Acquisition and Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill 2011::Passed by Government. Salient Feature:: Consent of 80% of affected families mandatory, Land Price should not be less than 2 times of market rate in Urban Areas and 6 Times of Market rate in Rural Areas, Rs 3000 Monthly subsistence/family for a year, Rs 2000 Monthly Annuity per family for 20 Years, Multiple Cropping and Irrigated land can not be acquired.
15. SC bans Salwa Judum, which is a big hit to Chattisgarh Govt and Centre, as it called ‘Koya Commandoes‘ or ‘Salwa judum’ an Illegal Activities and ordered their immediate disarming.